Sunday 17 April 2011

Japanese Influence

Because of my love of colour and pattern, I have always been drawn to Japanese design. Recently the Kokeshi dolls have become hugely popular. Though the very earliest dolls might have been unpainted, today most are painted in bright floral designs, kimonos, and other traditional patterns. Each doll is like a little piece of art. Sending all my good wishes to the Japanese people in this difficult time - xxx.




1. Kimono bangles
2. Beanbag ottoman in Florence Broadhurst Japanese Floral fabric
3. T2Tea Kokeshi doll jars for storing tea
4. Carly Harris kimono inspired dress
5. Kimmidoll collectibles
6. Nicole Richie in an Issa Kimono dress
7. Kimmidoll coin purse
8. Kimmidoll mug
9. Kristen Doran Kokeshi doll panels

1 comment :

  1. Have just read the Japanese Influence section and I couldn't believe you mentioned the Kimmidoll's. I fell in love with these esquisite dolls early in my baby's life. I first saw them in Sydney and my sister-in-law bought my baby her first one (her name is "Mia"). I then bought another one for her at xmas in Sydney and she got her 3rd one for her 1st b'day from my sister-in-law again! I'm totally in love with them and people always comment on them.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips