Monday 30 April 2012

Kuratau

I'm feeling well and truly rested after another fabulous Girls' Weekend away. In direct contrast to the shopping and nightlife extravaganza of last year, this year we spent a couple of days at our family bach in Kuratau, which is the far side of lake Taupo. It was typical Taupo autumn weather - cool, crisp and very fresh. 


These first photos are of the view from our lunch table at the Lakeland House Restaurant in Waihi Village, just five minutes drive from our place.







Saturday afternoon and evening consisted of chick flicks, bubbles, cheese platters and lots of laughs. So on Sunday morning, after a leisurely sleep-in (such bliss for five mothers of small children!), we donned our trainers and hit the walking tracks. The perfect way to end our weekend!


My beautiful friend, Leigh, & I - 'au natural' with no makeup and our favourite trackies!

Leigh & Lise stride ahead

Perfect water skiing conditions

My favourite Kuratau bach, right on the lakefront - all closed up with nobody home!

7 comments :

  1. I'm so glad you had such a lovely time. The photos are gorgeous....love Kuratau although it was a scene of a good many uni parties best forgotten. I'm sure it's a lot more refined on visits now! Isn't that beachfront bach fab?! Annie x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful. It looks so relaxing and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good time was had by all! Do you think the owners of the Kuratau lakefront house are looking for house sitters? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds like you had a fabulous time Vic! Jealous - those views are amazing :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so tranquil- like the perfect weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I was searching for images of this house, as in planning mode for a house renovation and I like to have a portfolio of photos to gain inspiration for what I love...this is one of my favourite Kuratau houses too - so thanks for posting it !
    Meg Bibby ( we must be related somehow...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy I could help Meg :) Did you marry into the Bibby family or are you born and bred? My hubby's family is from Central Hawke's Bay - plenty of Bibby's down there. Good luck with the house renos, let me know if I can help. Check out my interior website - www.bibbyandbrady.co.nz. x

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips