Monday 18 March 2013

Emily Henderson's Bedroom

Emily Henderson quickly became my favourite styling guru when I discovered her back in 2011. And two years later, she hasn't let me down yet. I came across photos of her bedroom on Apartment Therapy on Friday and it was a 'stop the bus' moment! Deep blue velvet makes me go weak at the knees. Used in an upholstered headboard and teamed with an amazing pair of vintage hot pink velvet lights... OMG, the result is sublime!




Emily has used all my favourite colours - rich blues, hot pink, warm golds and a touch of green. The crisp white base, both in the walls and ceiling, and in the bedding, keeps it light and fresh. And Emily uses just the right amount of decoration to create atmosphere and personality without the clutter. But that's just my opinion, what do you think?







Check out the post on Apartment Therapy for more details on Emily's beautiful room.

7 comments :

  1. She has gorgeous style for sure Vic, love those lamps!

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous bedroom, I love the richness of the blue velvet. I am loving velvet right now and all those beautiful velvet cushions I am seeing around the designer stores in Auckland.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those campaign dressers? Arrrr! Loving!!!!! Hope you are well Vic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had come across this house on my own, I would have immediately thought of you Vic – it has your name written all over it! That blue tufted wingback has me seriously weak at the knees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours are so rich and saturated- I could see some cozy time there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to replicate this bedroom Vic - hopefully for yourself! That bedhead is divine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's got one cute cat :)
    Her bedroom is stunning as well!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips